Friday, October 5, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award



One Lovely Blog Award


I'd like to take this moment to thank the academy Dawn at Dawn's Disaster for nominating me for this award! I am new to this environment and feel extremely blessed to have made so many amazing connections in a short span of time. I consider myself honored. Alright, now to the nitty-gritty of the award~

Rules to follow:
*Include the blog award in your post (check)
*Thank the person who nominated you (check)
*Nominate 5 people and let them know you have done so
*Tell 7 random things about yourself

Drum roll please ... and the NOMINEES ARE:
Earning My Cape (This site is SUPER  ...  pun intended)
The Good Long Road  (Like her, I believe our Kiddos would be great friends)
Crayon Freckles (She thinks outside the crayon box)
H is for Homeschooling (She has really neat activities)

Living Life Intentionally (Just love it!)


7 Totally random things about me.... hum....
1. I was kicked out of Grad School with only 1 semester lacking. I had been working toward my Ph.D. in entomology when I was bitten by a spider in the lab. Apparently, I was in the hospital too long for the school and I was sent a certified letter letting me know of my dismissal! Yeah, years later I am still reeling over that one.
2. I am a cancer survivor! In my mid-20's I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.I had 6 months of chemo and 24 radiation treatments. The cure almost killed me but I have now been in remission for over 15 years!
3. I love the color purple. The hue love runs in my family. My Dad, brother, sister love it too. However, I would have to give the"Take it to the Extreme" award to my NaNa. She had a double purple door on her house. She was a little more (shall we say) eccentric than the rest of us.
4. I can't stand to hear anyone flick their fingernails! Don't know why, but there it is!
5. I love to travel. Until I started college, my mom and I moved every two years. I believe she fostered some gypsy blood in me. Always ready for a road trip...
6. NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would start blogging!
7. I want a new camera. I am a shutter bug and have outgrown the point and shoot that I currently own!

7 comments:

  1. Eeee!!! Thank you sooo much for nominating me!!!
    ***happy dance!***
    And congratulations on your nomination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... thanks so much for nominating me =-) I am honored that you love my site!!! I have become a fan of yours as well - so creative!!

    Have a GREAT day,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is just outstanding! thanks for such a post,its really going great.
    if anyone is looking for more astrological services
    Vashikaran Astrologer in Chikkaballapur

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad to read it on google keep up the great work.
     For Astrology Solution
    Best Astrologer in Banashankari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog. Nice explanation with helpful information.
    The best astrological services contact.Best Astrologer In Neelasandra

    ReplyDelete