Monday, November 12, 2012

Blue Man in My Truck - A Memory Game

This game happened quit by accident. 
Little Mister brought a green car, yellow number, a blue man and his new "Mack" truck to the table one morning. He loves the truck because the back opens and he can put small cars or toys in it.
I noticed him put something in, tap on the table, and take it right back out. Then he'd select another item, put that in, tap and out... on and on he went!
So, I thought we would make a memory and observation game of it.

I placed the three toys in front of him and told him to take a good look and then pointed out each one and said their name. Then, I got him to close his eyes and hid one of the toys in the truck.
He opened his eye and I pointed to the remaining toys and said therir names and asked him to guess what was in the truck.
We did it several times and I then stopped pointing out the toys and just let him observe what was there. After a few tries I added a new toy, pointing it out and saying its name. A few tries more and a new toy was introduced. 
Having fun and sharpening some observation and memory skills!


16 comments:

  1. That is a great idea!!! What a fun game!
    Thanks for visiting us at Krazy Kuehner Days! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love teachable moments! New follower from the mingle, would love a follow back.

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun to play with my boys too! Thanks for the idea :)

    I just found your blog through the hop and am new follower.

    Come link up with me at FRONT hop in my blog! http://cutecoconut.com/2012/11/the-way-to-increase-your-facebook-page-post-visibility/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining our adventure! I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  4. new[est] follower. loving this post and loving your blog. can't wait to keep following along!
    your little guy is adorable!

    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad to have you aboard. Hoppin over to visit you as well!

      Delete
  5. Great idea going to try that tomorrow. Found you through Tots School Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this website, loads of inspiring ideas. Keeping my Toddler Entertained

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you turned his play into a learning game. Thanks so much for sharing on the We Made That Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice blog !!!! thanks to share very useful information... so thanks
    click the below links
    Best Astrologer in Srinagar

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was great information and very useful

    Durgaanugarha astrology center. Best Astrologer In basavanagudi

    ReplyDelete